“Traditional Korean folk song Chilgapsan adapted for Steelpan instruments by Yohan Popwell, performed by Pantastic Players Steel Orchestra of Trinidad and Tobago”. “From a Point of Love with Dr Jit Sukha Samaroo, Ms Laila Valere and The Samaroo Jets”.
Through a long-standing professional collaboration that evolved into a warm friendship, I learned much about the beauty and complexity of Panorama arrangements by dissecting and analysing many of them in real time with Jit’s meticulous assistance.
An ultra-conservative yet astute and profound gentleman, I have always held Jit in my highest esteem, first among equals in the fiercely competitive and insular steelband world.
‘Chilgapsan’ sets the mood for introducing a suite of eight pieces entitled ‘From a Point of Love’ composed by Jit and recorded by The Samaroo Jets in 1992. The music was used by counselling psychologist, Ms Laila Valere to stimulate wellness and harmony of mind, body and spirit.
The 24-bit files, re-mastered from a cassette, have been included. Proceeds will go towards building our Learning Management System for fostering Music Literacy using the ubiquitous animated Steelpan instructor PETE the Panstick.
Simeon L. Sandiford Executive Producer Available As A Digital Poster
- 202 Relaxation & Centering - Hymn of Pan
- 3Meditation & Inner Peace - Serendipity
- 4Prayer for Trinidad & Tobago - Serendipity
- 5Forgiveness & Healing - Joining Hands
- 6Healing the Universe - Coasting to Light, Love & Peace
- 7Benediction & National Anthem - Song for a Golden Sunrise
- 8Closing - For the Love of Pan